Hey there! Ashley here.
My name might be Vanilla, but I’m more like FunFetti.
Welcome to my digital diary…
Ever Wander | explore. experience. evolve.
A nickname given to me by my ex-boyfriend.
It stuck, but he didn’t.
And today, it’s my life’s mantra.
Inside my diary I share intimate stories, not just your standard blog posts.
You’ll learn that I’m not a fake, highlights only type of gal.
Traveling has my heart, but let’s get one thing straight…
Travel is hard, and shit gets real. Often.
The constant grind can be downright exhausting and defeating.
But, that grind also makes me feel ALIVE!
Like, seeing life in 6k resolution with the brightness maxed out.
That makes it impossible for me to go back to “regular life”…
A world full of dull, muted colors and pixelated resolution.
So, how did I get to this “no fucks given, I live my life for me” self?
After spending 10+ years in Corporate America, being thrashed up and down the corporate ladder it left me…
- Empty inside
- A workaholic
- Borderline alcoholic
- A semi smoker
- Stressed out
- And, sleep deprived
In my last role, I spent 3+ grueling years building a team of badass women at Ticketmaster as the Director of Product, Salesforce.
Holy shit was it hard!
You’re welcome for sparing you the gory details.
Let’s just say, all the hard work paid off.
We built something exquisite.
A true career highlight.
So, why did I leave?
I’ll give you one guess.
The shitty boss I inherited! I know, shocker.
It’s pathetic how shitty leadership ruins countless good situations.
You feel me?
Deciding to say Fuck It and leave my team in 2019 was beyond devastating.
It wasn’t supposed to end that way.
Especially after everything I endured.
But, ultimately, it was the only decision that made sense.
I needed time…
To focus on my mental and physical health.
Do some soul searching.
And, figure out what I wanted out of life.
I knew one thing…
Corporate America could SUCK IT!
You have no idea!
I’ve touched that hot stove too many damn times.
The scars from the third degree burns still ache.
I also learned…
Fear and guilt are the mother of all inhibitors.
So many people are crippled by one or both.
Yet, after every tough decision I’ve made, I’ve never thought to myself…
“I wish I would’ve stayed in that longer.”
If anything, I’m frustrated I didn’t pull the trigger sooner.
Am I the only one that feels this way?
So, I made some serious mindset shifts.
Life isn’t a dress rehearsal.
And, I refuse to have a single regret on my deathbed.
So, if that requires disappointing people along the way, so be it.
What’s left of my life will be lived full out in vibrant color, courage, and bravery.
My thing is wandering.
My thing is exploring, experiencing, and evolving.
My thing is trying new things for the first time.
My thing is seeing the world.
And, my thing is crossing off as many bucket list items I can along the way.
I’m committed to visiting 75+ countries across all 7 continents.
And, I’m committed to sharing my stories diary style.
No matter how embarrassing.
So, that’s my Fuck It Story.
What part resonated with you most?
I invite you to Ever Wander with me.
No passport required.
For now, at least.
Are you adventurous enough to wander with me?
By the way…
If you’re an intelligent, independent, successful female in your 20’s and 30’s trapped in middle management, and/or you’re no longer buying the conventional life BS you’ve been brainwashed to believe, then this is the place for you.
It might not be next month, but I can’t wait to hear your Fuck It Story.
And, how you busted out of conventional life, and forged your own path.
I encourage you to rip the band-aid off.
Take solace knowing you’re not alone.
I’m here when and if you need me.
Ashley aka Ever Wander
- Farting makes me giggle
- I’m not for everyone
- I’m an extroverted introvert
- My spirit animal is the Arctic Fox
- My favorite color is Sparkle
- I’m a Pisces [Sun], Gemini [Rising], Taurus [Moon]
- I’m fiercely loyal & thoughtful to those I love
- I’m the black sheep of my family
- My first word was “No”
- My first curse word was “Shit”
- The smell & taste of canned corn makes me gag
- I played the flute [no, not one time at band camp]
- My 9th grade cheer squad placed 3rd in State & 7th in Jr. Nationals
- I bronze medaled in the Academic Decathlon Super Quiz
- No amount of money could make me relive high school
- Music & dancing are part of my DNA
- I like all music except for Country, Jazz, Death Metal
- Teenage albums | Savage Garden, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, The Used, Korn, AFI, Yellowcard, N’Sync
- My Uncle inspired me to travel the world
- Places lived | Arizona, Edmonton, Chicago, San Francisco, Vancouver
- I knew kids weren’t for me at an early age
- Warren Buffett sat behind our table at XS in Vegas
- I never need to go back to Vegas
- I’m a scary human when I don’t sleep
- I’ve had more embarrassing hair colors/styles than I can count
- I hate politics with a passion
- Recreational drugs helped soften my edges
- Burning Man blew my mind
- I suffer from analysis paralysis, decision fatigue, perfectionism
- I’m an organizing junkie & calendar psycho
- I suffer from body dysmorphia
- I’m an advocate of plastic surgery & non-surgical enhancements
- Therapy, coaching, energy work, yoga, & meditation are life savers
- I’ve gotten rid of all toxic things & relationships
- I’ve written in my gratitude journal every day since May 2019
- I have an addictive personality
- I’m an abstainer, not a moderator
- My sobriety is the best gift I’ve given myself
- I used to chew ~17 pieces of Trident Tropical Twist gum a day
- I’m a Topo Chico [mineral water] fan girl
- My love language is Quality Time & Gifts
- I got off sleep aids & taught myself how to sleep in my early 30’s
- I love working out & challenging myself
- I strive to be gluten & dairy free
- 95% of my wardrobe is Lululemon
- I’m determined to learn how to do a headstand
- I started an adult cape company called, Unicorn Unplugged
- Ryan Reynolds is at the top of my celebrity crush list
- I’m leaving the USA, because I no longer appreciate it
- Fave countries [so far] | Switzerland, Luxembourg, Malta, New Zealand
- I lost my shit when my cell phone was stolen in Bogota, Colombia
- Impactful trips | New Zealand , Costa Rica , Europe 
- I have strict No Asshole policy
I’m curious…which fun fact struck you the most?
And, “If you can’t say somethin’ nice, don’t say nuthin’ at all.”